The Engineering Society (EngSoc) will be holding the Officer Accountability Meeting on Friday, October 30th, at 6:00 PM EDT.
The Officer Accountability Meeting is an open meeting where the EngSoc Officers (President and Vice-Presidents) share the work they’ve been doing over the last 6 months (half-way through their terms). As an undergraduate engineering student, you are entitled to attend this meeting, ask questions and to vote on motions to remove each Officer from their roles. The motions to remove the Officers are a standard practice that is in place automatically to help provide the student body with an opportunity to vote on whether they feel the Officer should remain in their position or not.
This meeting will take place on a Microsoft Teams call, you can join it through this link at the time of the meeting. A few things to note:
- Please make sure you’re logged in from your utoronto account. If you are an alumni member or don’t have access to a utoronto account, please email email@example.com letting them know you wish to attend with a non-utoronto account.
- Please stay muted unless you wish to speak, in which case please use the “raise hand” feature and wait to be recognized before speaking.
- Please do not use the chat box for conversations, it will be used for official purposes such as voting.
- The meeting room capacity is 250 people.
Please see here for more information on setting up Microsoft Teams or participating in the meeting.
The relevant files for this meeting can be found in this folder. It contains:
- Meeting Agenda – Official document containing the motions that are to be discussed and voted on in the meeting.
- Presentation File – A file summarizing the work done by the Officers throughout the year. This file will be made available closer to the meeting.
- Proxy Form – If you are unable to attend the meeting but would like to have your votes cast at the meeting, you may proxy your vote to someone who is attending. To do this, someone attending the meeting must fill and sign the proxy form (found in the folder) with all the required information. It is a legal requirement for a proxy holder to have the signatures of the individuals whose votes they are proxying. The completed form must be submitted by 5:00 PM EDT on 30 October through the link found on the top of the form.
If you have any questions, concerns or require any accommodations to attend the meeting please feel free to contact the EngSoc Speaker, Zahir Firoze, at firstname.lastname@example.org.